Thursday, July 10, 2008

Colorado mountains

I think it's time to update this blog! Last weekend I took a short weekend trip from Denver to Leadville, CO, and had an awesome time. I love traveling on my own--it's so refreshing!

I got to Leadville after about a 3 hour drive. After settling in, I went in search of some ghost towns. Had dinner in town that evening, and enjoyed the cool mountain air (Leadville is at over 10,000 feet so it was plenty cool!). Sunday I enjoyed a scenic train ride to an old mine, shopped a bit in town, then had a picnic in the rain at a nearby lake. This is definitely somewhere I want to visit again soon!


The view of town and mountains beyond.

The ghost town of St. Elmo, south of Leadville and Buena Vista.

View from the scenic train ride.

Beautiful Turquoise Lake right outside Leadville. I love this picture with the approaching storm.

Now I am in Billings, MT for the summer, relaxing and visiting family. This weekend we are all participating in the Relay For Life benefiting the American Cancer Society. I'll post pics if I can.

2 comments:

Dolores said...

beautiful photos!

Deanna said...

gorgeous photos Janet! I miss CO!