Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A new beginning....

It's been a long time since I've posted--I sort of got busy, then just forgot all about it. I have been very wrapped up in all the Election happenings lately. I am so happy with the results!

I have been an Obama supporter from the beginning. I know that many people feel he's the "lesser of 2" or whatever, but I think he is just what we need right now.

It was exciting to watch history being made last night. Being a NYer who was front and center during 9/11, as well as a former Peace Corps Volunteer and avid traveler (not tourist, traveler), I look forward to seeing how Obama deals with restoring foreign relations. I did not like the feeling of being embarrassed about my government when I met new people in other countries. Last night I felt a sense of relief--of excitement, actually. On any levels. I was wonderful to see history being made and knowing that I was a part of it. Hearing and seeing all the excitement on the streets of NYC--the city that I love--was awesome! It's great to finally have a man in office that my innner city students can relate to, even if in some small way. They feel more empowered today.

Enough of the sopabox--off to dinner with co-workers and back to work for open school night.

Janet

1 comment:

Brandy said...

omg, my feelings exactly. the other night they showed bush and he wouldn't shake hands with any of the other foreign leaders and they wouldn't shake his. i look forward to a prez who will be up for a foreign dialogue!!