Thursday, November 27, 2008

Parade preparations.....

So, what are the preparations for that huge production, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? One thing that happens is that the balloons are inflated along city streets in the upper west side of Manhattan the Wed. before turkey day. It all takes place on the streets around the Museum of Natural History, and many people--like myself--come out to see the balloons. I actually haven't been out for this in years, but caught it all this year. It took 2 hours to get through 2 blocks, but I saw plenty of balloons!

Pikachu


Macy's Star


Ronald McDonald


Hello Kitty

Energizer Bunny


Fishlips!!

It was so worth the wait to get these pictures! I did not go to the parade today, rather watched from the warmth of my apartment in my pj's. I spend Thanksgiving with my friend Pattie and her wonderful family on Long Island. It was a really special day!

___________________________________________________________________

Thankful!

I want to reflect for a bit on what I am truly thankful for. I am so blessed to have rich, full, and unconventional life. I live in the best city in the world, love what I do for a living, have a great extended family and the means to visit them for extended stays, and an eclectic and diverse group of friends. My life has taken a different path than I expected, but I am fortunate to have a rich full life. I am also extremely thankful that our country will soon be under new leadership, and that I can once again feel patriotic. I look forward to what's to come!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!


Publish Post

5 comments:

Brandy said...

That is SO how I'd prefer to do the parade. We were watching it this morning and I was thinking I could never sit through all that. And then I wondered how those Navy boys were dancing in the cold in wifebeaters =) Love your pics!

Jennifer said...

Love those pics! Never really thought about pre-parade preparations. TFS!

Unknown said...

ohh cool Alyson loved watching --- and sounds like you had a nice time -- and agree with you on feeling patriotic again :)

Diana said...

That is so cool that you live close enough to go get those pictures. Friends of mine actually went to the parade this year (they are living in Rhode Island temporarily).

Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for and that is awesome - I too agree with you on feeling patriotic again - that is another blessing for all of us. :D

AbbieTorroll said...

how cool! One thing I would love to do before I die is go to that Parade! It is always SO pretty to watch on TV! Love the pictures!